Thursday 8 May 2014

Pre-Made Code

Love it or hate it, Java is my programming language of choice for games.  It's vastly inter-compatible, it makes great use of code recycling, and it maintains consistently good performance.

Plus, let's face it:  I don't get paid enough to deal with C++ and the minefield of headaches that it represents.

I get asked a lot why I don't just use Unity or some other engine, when making my own engines in Java takes so much time.  I've always been rather militantly opposed to pre-made code, from WordPress to JQuery to Unity, and I suppose that it's a matter of pride.  Plus, perhaps some arrogance, since I like to think that I can get better performance doing things my way.

In either case, putting together Days of Ragnarok has been a fun experience so far, and I look forward to putting out some pictures of the pre-alpha UI in the next few days.

All the best,


SpaceTea

No comments:

Post a Comment